IT Operations can have many definitions depending on who you are speaking to. Most commonly, the roles and responsibilities that fall under the rubric of "IT Operations" include:
· Overseeing all technology operations (i.e. network security)
· Controlling IT budgets and reporting on expenditure to organizational senior management
· Assisting in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts
· Stewardship of IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by organizational management
· Analyzing business requirements of all organizational departments in terms of technology
· Purchasing cost effective technological software and hardware
· Monitoring the use of equipment and applications to ensure functionality, security and efficiency
· Identifying the need for upgrades or new systems
IT Operations is the core foundation for any modern day business's technology infrastructure. We can help you in whatever stage your organization may be in regarding this central component of Information Technology. Whether you need an assessment of your current strategies, or a complete build out of IT Operations from the ground up, call us today today to move things forward: 1-855-PLATYPUS or email: email@example.com
IT departments are currently charged with supporting and securing infrastructure, while at the same time enabling innovation, and responding to an ever-evolving cyber landscape of threats.
Cloud adoption will continue to expand during the next decade, and such a trend has direct implications for Cybersecurity. Spending on Cloud services is expected to more then double in the coming years. This raises the specter of "Shadow IT".
New technology will allow smaller organizations to compete with larger ones across all industries. For example, in healthcare, platforms such as Telemedicine will allow for greater opportunities for patient care and provide opportunity to leverage technology to be competitive with the ever growing list of competitors, and continue to be innovative with care delivery.